Home improvement projects can be overwhelming and demanding, mainly because no homeowner would want sloppy work on their property. But painting, a major home improvement project and an effective one at that, is a very low-effort project.
A fresh coat of paint will transform your space to look brand new. But being low effort does not mean you can get away with a lousy job. Just as a well-done coat of paint can transform your space, sloppy painting job will also have a significant impact, but to the negative.
Choosing the wrong color scheme may also lead to a total mess. It thus means that you have to put in the effort and planning in painting just as with any other home project.
One way of putting absolute effort is choosing the painter you work with wisely and ensuring they check all the necessary boxes.
This is usually a tricky decision considering hundreds of painters promise to deliver well when not all can.
But if you are from Gig Harbor, WA, Royal Painting is a company you can rely on, whether working on a budget, going all out, or just doing a few parts of your home.
But before we get deep into what Royal Painting can offer you, there are a few must-knows that you have to consider, including:
- What services to expect from professional house painters
- What the cost of professional painting services might be
- The benefits of working with a professional painter
A professional home painter will provide more than slapping some paint on your walls. They will first help you pick out the perfect color scheme for your home if you are unsure.
They know all the latest trends and can recommend what will work in your space.
They will also walk you through the different paint types and finishes to ensure you get precisely what you want and need. Some of the services done by professional painters are:
Picking the perfect color scheme for your home can be challenging. But with a professional painter by your side, you will get expert recommendations on the best paint colors to use in your space.
They will also help you match colors if you have a specific design or concept in mind.
Wall and ceiling preparation:
Before any painting can begin, the painter will prep your walls and ceilings. Prepping includes patching up holes, repairing cracks, and sanding down rough areas.
They will also apply a primer to ensure that the paint goes on smoothly and evenly.
Of course, the painter will also do the actual painting.
They will cut around the edges of the room and then paint the rest of the walls using a roller. Since professionals have years of experience and the right equipment, they will be able to do the job quickly and efficiently.
After completing the job, the painter will also clean up any spilled paint, remove the tapes, and put back any furniture.
They will also touch up any areas that were missed or need a second coat.
The cost of hiring a professional painter
The cost of professional painting services will depend on a few factors. These factors include the size of the job, the number of colors being used, and any special finishes.
You can expect to pay anything from $3 to $6 per square foot.
So, if you have a 1,000-square-foot room, you can expect to pay between $3,000 and $6,000 for the job.
However, if you have a small budget, there are a few ways to save money on the project.
You can do some prep work yourself, such as patching up holes and sanding down rough areas.
Another way to reduce the cost is by choosing a lower-quality paint. This will not be as durable or long-lasting as higher-quality paint, but it will get the job done and much cheaper. However, we do not recommend this.
Benefits of hiring a painting contractor
While there are a few ways to save money on the cost of professional painting services, there are also several benefits to working with a professional painter that is worth the investment.
Some of the benefits of working with a professional painter include:
- They have years of experience: Professional painters have been doing this for years, so they know what they are doing.
- They will save you time: Painting can be a very time-consuming job, especially if you have never done it before.
- But with a professional painter, the job will be done quickly and efficiently.
- They will do a better job: Professional painters have the experience and expertise to do a much better job than you could on your own.
- They have the right tools and equipment: Professional painters have all the right tools and equipment to get the job done, including ladders, drop cloths, tarps, tape, etc.
- They will clean up afterward: The professionals will clean up the spilled paint and even put back the furniture.
So, if you are considering painting your home yourself, you may want to consider hiring a professional painter instead.
Though it may cost you a bit more money upfront, it will save you time and hassle, and you will end up with a much better-looking space.
Other things to keep in mind when hiring a professional painter:
- Get at least three quotes: When you are ready to hire a professional painter, get at least three quotes from different companies. This will provide a rough idea of the average cost for the job and help you find the best deal.
- Check their references: Be sure to check the references of any potential painters before you hire them. You can ask for references from their previous clients or look for online reviews.
- Get everything in writing: Once you have found a painter you want to hire, be sure to get everything in writing. This should include an estimate of the cost of the project and a timeline for how long the project will take. This will help to avoid any misunderstandings down the road.
- Make sure they are insured: Finally, be sure to ask if the painter is insured. If they are not, you could be liable if they get hurt while working on your home.
Hiring a professional painter comes with a host of benefits that are well worth the investment. Painting contractors have the experience and expertise to do a much better job in a shorter time.
Do your due diligence when hiring a professional painter, and get everything in writing before starting the job. This will help to avoid any misunderstandings down the road.
Now that you know the benefits of hiring a professional painter, are you considering painting your home yourself or hiring a professional?
Work with The Best Painters Gig Harbor, WA
Looking for top-notch professional painters in Gig Harbor, WA? Look no further than Royal Painting. Our experienced painting crew does a fantastic job in providing high-quality painting services to residential and commercial customers in Gig Harbor and the surrounding areas.
We check all the boxes for professional painting services: years of experience, the right tools and equipment, and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Our services include:
- Residential interior painting services
- Exterior painting
- Cabinet and wall coating
- Commercial painting services
Contact us today at (253) 312-6274 to schedule a consultation and get a free estimate! We are committed to doing an excellent job painting your entire interior and exterior at a fair price
Which is better for painting a room: an airless paint sprayer or a paint roller?
It depends on the project. If it is a large area, an airless paint sprayer will be more efficient. However, if you are painting trim or smaller spaces, a paint roller will be easier to control.
How long does it usually take to paint a room?
It depends on the size of the room and the number of painters working on the project. However, most painting projects take one or two days.
Can I paint my own home?
Yes, you can paint your own home. However, we recommend hiring a professional painter for the best results. Professional painters have the experience and expertise to do a much better job.
When should I repaint my home?
It depends on the condition of your current paint job. If your paint starts to chip or fade, it’s probably time for a new coat. In general, we recommend repainting your home every five to seven years.
What is the best time of year to paint my home?
Again, it depends on the climate in your area. In most parts of the country, spring and fall are the best times of year to paint because the weather is not too hot or cold, which can cause problems with the paint job.
How do I prepare my home for painting?
Our professionals will do all the necessary prep work for you. But there are things you can do to prepare your home for painting:
- Clear out all the furniture from the room (or move it to the center of the room)
- Remove all pictures from the walls
What are your service areas?
We provide professional painting services to residential and commercial customers in Gig Harbor, Canterwood, Rosedale, Artondale, Forest Beach, Wollochet, and Fox Island, WA.
How do I get started?
Contact us for a free consultation. We will meet with you to discuss your project and answer any questions you may have. Once we get all all the details, we will provide you with a quote for the painting project. You can also fill in the “request quote” form.